Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mother's Day Love...

In primary today, the girls filled out a Mother's Day questionnaire. I thought it would be fun to share their answers (be they good, bad, true, incorrect, embarrassing or not) with you all...
  

My mother likes to:
A: Go to the park with Reilly and me
R: Wash dishes and drive the car

The most fun or funniest thing I ever saw my mom do was:
A: Stick out her tongue
R: Twirl her eyeballs

I like it when my mom:
A: Does coloring with me and Reilly
R: Gets us squishees and dolls

My mom's favorite food is:
A: Peanut butter sandwich and cereal
R: Bananas and strawberries

If I could give my mom anything, I'd give her:
A: Necklace, new pajama pants
R: A new ring, new underpants dress

I think my mom would like to go to:
A: Church and the grocery store
R: Ralphs and Target

The think I hear my mom say the most is:
A: "I'm goofing out," "Stop," "You look beautiful"
R: "You are freaking me out"

When my mom wakes up, she:
A: Gets dressed and eats her breakfast
R: Gets dressed

I wish my mom wouldn't:
A: Throw my toys away
R: Spank me

I love my mom because:
A: She's beautiful
R: She is the most beautiful mom ever

I loved reading these because it reminded me of life through the eyes of a child. I often wonder what the girls will remember about me and our family from this stage in life...I hope they remember the good and fun things and overlook (or at least forgive me for) my faults and mistakes (like the whole spanking thing...which, for the record, does NOT happen often).

I am not the perfect mother, and motherhood is not something that I feel has come easily or naturally to me, but I have tried really hard to develop myself and to find joy in the special and unique offerings of motherhood. I am grateful for Aiden and Reilly and for everything they have taught me...their giggles and smiles and kisses and hugs are what make motherhood so rewarding. I cannot imagine life without my little twinsers, and I am thankful for each and every day I get to spend with them.

I also want to pay tribute to all the amazing women in my life who have helped me become the mother I am today. To all the wonderful women in my life - my mother, mother-in-law, sisters, sisters-in-law, and friends - thank you one and all for your amazing examples. I hope your Mother's Day was super special!!

No comments:

Post a Comment