Monday, August 20, 2007

The Key to Happiness

According to a survey conducted by the Associated Press and MTV, spending time with families was one of the top causes of happiness in people ages 13-24. I thought it was pretty interesting, primarily because family has always been extremely important to me. Nearly three-quarters of the 1,280 people surveyed said that their relationship with their parents makes them happy. Way to go moms and dads! Surprisingly, money was not listed as a top cause of happiness. Another thing I found interesting was that sexual activity within this age group was actually found to cause less happiness (who would have thought?!). Close to half of those surveyed said that religion and spirituality cause happiness. An overwhelming majority thought that marriage and starting a family of their own would also cause happiness. Pretty cool stuff, all-in-all.

The article that appeared on Yahoo New was pretty long, so instead of copying and pasting the whole thing here, I'll just provide the link and allow you to read it if you're interested.


While I know you can't believe everything you read, this is something I think is very true. Happy reading everybody!

By the way, these pictures of two people who make me VERY happy...oh how I love my beautiful little girls. Reilly is in the first picture, Aiden is in the third. In the middle picture, Aiden is on the couch and Reilly is standing.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh....those girls of yours are so stinking cute!!! I can't believe how big they have gotten since we saw them last. They are always such happy little girls. Becky, you are doing a great job with them. We love you and miss you!!! (and we'll see you soon!!).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - they are so cute. Sad to think that I haven't seen my nieces since they were what 9 months old? Yeah, it's officially been a year since I last saw them (Val's graduation last August). It's been way too long!

    ReplyDelete