Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Scorpions...I hate scorpions


I don't actually think hate is a strong enough word to describe my feelings towards scorpions. We found two more last night - large ones, about 2-3 inches each. I was taking out the trash when I noticed a large spider just outside the side door to the garage. I went inside, got the Raid can, and returned to take care of the spider. As I was spraying the spider, I noticed a little shadow moving underneath the door jam. A few seconds later, I realized that little shadow was a scorpion - an evil, nasty, disgusting, creepy scorpion, trying to sneak away. Needless to say, the second it dawned on me that I was looking at a scorpion I took my sandal off and started smashing the sucker. A few seconds later, scorpion #2 started sneaking away in the opposite direction. Doug was quick to smoosh that one with his shoe...the buggers never had a chance. I don't think my heart has ever beat as fast as it did last night with those scorpions. It took a while before I got over the heeby-jeebies those nasty things cause. What can I say? I really hate scorpions.

1 comment:

  1. Yeah, I have to say that I'm glad that's not something that I have to worry about. You handled it way better than I would have. I would have just run and made AJ kill them both. Those things scare me.

    ReplyDelete