Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Weekend Fun

Weekends are usually pretty hum-drum for us, since Doug's Saturday and Sunday are spent primarily at the dealership. This past weekend I decided it would be fun for the girls and I to go out and visit their cousins in Buckeye. We drove out Saturday afternoon and came back Sunday evening. The girls had a blast - we attended an HOA fair, jumped on the trampoline, played with Polly Pockets for hours on end, painted our "toe-toes," goofed off with cousins, watched some movies, ate LOTS of food, and just had an all-around good time. AND, since the girls were otherwise preoccupied with their cousins, I was able to catch a little bit of General Conference - always a wonderful thing.

Here are the pics from our little weekend getaway...I didn't get that many because the girls were moving non-stop! It's hard to snap photos of kids when they're playing hard...
Fun on the trampoline (we even saw a rainbow before we had to go inside on account of rain...sprinkles, really, but it was getting dark anyway)...
Playing with B-day Party leftovers and hanging out on the couch...
Hanging out in the doggy kennel (I'm not sure why, but all the kids wanted to hang out in this thing. I wasn't fast enough to snap a picture of both the girls in it, but I was at least able to get a few of AK...it was pretty funny)....
A very tired Roo, at the end a non-stop playing spree with the Hoopes cousins (notice the new orange pumpkin shirt her cousin Ashley handed down - it's been well loved for the past 3 years and will continue to be well-loved for many more)...

2 comments:

  1. my favorite twin nieces keep on getting cuter and cuter - i can't stand it! i'm glad you were able to get away and hopefully have some fun for yourself?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Becky! Can you guess how I found your blog? Anyway, can you send me the pictures you took at the zoo last week? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete