Thursday, March 17, 2011

Happy St. Patty's Day...

Our day started off with a little bit o' luck....Lucky Charms, that is (Aiden loved them, Reilly not so much...they were too sweet)

We had quesadillas in green tortillas for lunch, followed by a tasty shamrock shake (i.e. sprite and lime sherbet...both girls loved it). We also painted our nails in some festive colors.

 

And for dinner we tried spinach fettuccine, broccoli, and garlic bread...with a bit o' green kool-aid to wash it all down.

I know I am NOTHING close to Gordon Ramsey when it comes to cooking, but I have to say...I'm glad St. Patrick's Day only comes once a year. Trying to think of creative, tasty, and healthy green food options just about did me in...and although the girls were good sports, none of the meals made it to their top 5 list.

And...just for kicks...here are some photos of the girls on their day o' green. Reilly informed me she wasn't going to wear green because it didn't make her look pretty. Can we say diva? Anyway...she settled on the green nail polish and decided to wear a necklace with green beads just so no one at the playground would have reason to pinch her. My silly, silly girls...oh, how I love them!

No comments:

Post a Comment