Thursday, November 22, 2007

Turkey Day

Now that the dishes are done, the table is cleaned off, and the leftover food is put away, I would like to take a quick moment to express my "thanks" for all of the wonderful things with which I have been blessed.

I am thankful for family; for the one in which I was raised, for the one that I married into, and for the one that I am now trying to raise. I am thankful for the many examples of patience, forgiveness, diligence, honesty, independence, and unconditional love that I have to look up to. I am thankful for my faith; for the personal motivation it gives me to be a better and stronger person. I am thankful for education and learning, and for the opportunities that I have to begin teaching my own children. I am thankful for friends who understand my severe handicap in maintaining consistent communication and who accept me anyway. I am thankful for hugs and kisses and the giggles and laughter from my two beautiful girls. I am thankful for a husband who loves me enough to put up with my shortcomings and quick temper, and who can remind me (in his own special way) to loosen up and to look at the lighter side of things. I am thankful to be me.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

1 comment:

  1. Let the record show that I am pretty darn thankful for you, for Doug and for your two adorable girls - my adorable nieces :)

    ReplyDelete