Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Cali Was Wonderful...Wish We Were Still There

So...I really feel bad, because I just realized how neglected this blog has been lately. Not that it was entirely intentional - after all, we just got back from our 2 week vacation and I can't say I had any undeniable urges to blog while we were living it up in California. I love you, dear blog, I really do...just not that much! Sorry - but it's the truth.


Not that you stopped by to hear me babble on and on, so I'll get right to the update of our little trip. In the most simple of conclusions, this trip was awesome. Seriously. We got to camp in Oceanside Harbor in my in-laws' RV for a couple of days. Other than dealing with some idiotic (albeit entertaining) neighbors, I have to say that beach-camping was a blast!! We secured a spot right by the playground, which also meant close to the showers and bathrooms - total score! The girls knew we were camping at the beach, and they couldn't stop talking about the ocean the whole drive over from Arizona. However, our first day there neither AK or Roo wanted anything to do with the water...they were content playing in the sand and running along the edge of the waterline. Their hesitancy quickly dissolved, and within days they were charging full speed into the water - splashing, playing, and laughing like regular little beach bums. While we were down in Oside, we also took full advantage of the good eats (i.e. Beach Break Cafe, Harbor Fish and Chips, Longboarder...YUMM-O!!) ...the only place we didn't hit up was Diego's for a carne asada burrito - I've already penciled that one in for our next trip (whenever that may be).


Doug had to return to work for a couple of days, but the girls and I stayed behind in Fallbrook with his parents. Grapa (as the girls pronounce it) kept the girls busy by having them help him with Miles, and in the garden, and hunting bugs, and chasing rabbits, etc. By the end of each day, they were filthy and covered in mud...as any normal almost 4-year old should be.


When Doug returned to Cali, that was my sign to hightail it out of there and head to Utah with my friend Casey. Our friend Heidi got married on the 4th, and I was privileged to be a bridesmaid in her wedding line. Doug stayed with the girls and I got to go on a weekend trip without my hubby or the girls - for the first time since they were born!! I had a fun and amazing time (I got to see two of my sisters and few other friends who I don't get to see often enough), but it was also very strange being without my little family. Although we kept ourselves busy, I couldn't help but think of what the girls and Doug were doing back in Cali. It was a nice little break, but it was definitely long enough. What can I say? I've grown accustomed to having two little mischievous shadows around.


After all that, the four of us made it back safely (although a little reluctantly) to our little apartment in Chandler. It was fun being gone, but now I'm dealing with the not-so-fun part of being gone...you know, the laundry, the unpacking, the cleaning - all of the stuff that you're able to neglect while on vacation?! I also had to catch up on some scrapbooking stuff (I'll put all of that in a separate post), and I've had some unfortunate things to attend to with UOP (a sore subject...I'll definitely have to touch on that later as well)...but I did manage to drag the girls to the library yesterday - I stocked up on 3 more Nicholas Sparks' novels, so I should be good for a week or so. The girls seem to be happy to be back in their own beds with their toys and such, but that hasn't stopped them from asking every day about going back to the beach.

**NOTE-pictures of our trip will follow. I haven't had time to put them into a slideshow yet, and my internet browser keeps shutting down whenever I try to upload a photo to this post. I'll have to work on the matter and try again later...sorry it's just boring text until then!!**

1 comment:

  1. Diddo on the rv beach camping. We had so much fun with it too! I am glad you all had a great trip. yippee for you guys. love ya

    ReplyDelete