Sunday, October 21, 2012

Happy Birthday Uncle Dan...

Tonight we had a special visitor...Uncle Dan (Doug's brother) came up so we could get wild and crazy and celebrate his birthday! The girls love, love, LOVE their Uncle Dan and were super excited to throw him a party. I actually baked and frosted (gasp) a cake, and while I am no Betty Crocker I think the cake turned out absolutely delicious. I used a box mix but altered the recipe slightly to make it a little more moist. I'll type instruction below in case anyone wants to try it (WARNING: the moistness of the cake may be slightly addicting, causing you to want to bake more and more and more. At least, that's what happened to me...and I don't like to bake. So, just wanted to let you know.) Enough of my rambling, here are the pics of our fun-filled fiesta!
  
Chocolate chocolate chip...YUM
 
My taste testers (Reilly lost her battle with the chocolate and ended up covered in it, hence no shirt above)
My attempt at frosting to make it look it pretty  
  
Lighting of the candles...the girls were enchanted by the flames
  
 
Topped it off with some vanilla ice cream and we were one fat and happy group!! Thanks for giving us a reason to celebrate, Uncle Dan!! We hope you had an absolutely wonderful birthday!!

*******************************************
Yummy Chocolate, Chocolate Chip Cake Recipe
(originally taken from HERE)

1 box devil’s food cake mix
1 small pkg Jello instant chocolate pudding mix
1 cup sour cream
1 cup vegetable oil
4 eggs, beaten
1/2 cup milk
1 tsp vanilla
2 cups chocolate chips (mini or regular, whatever you have on hand)


Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a very large bowl, mix together everything except chocolate chips. Batter will be thick. Stir in the chocolate chips. Pour batter into cake pan of choice (I normally use two 9-inch pie pans). Use the cooking times on the back of the devil’s food cake box as a guide, but I usually have to add 10-15 minutes to whatever it says due to my wonky oven. I do the toothpick check, and if it still isn't done, I check on it every 5 minutes until it is. I think this took about 45 minutes for my two 9-inch pie pans. I recommend storing any leftovers in the fridge due to the sour cream and milk, but I'm not sure if that's something you HAVE to do. 

Read more at http://www.kevinandamanda.com/recipes/dessert/the-best-chocolate-cake.html#ixzz2H6TQq2ar


No comments:

Post a Comment