Sunday, October 7, 2007

Catching Up...again

Okay, so I don't have an interesting or amazing excuse for not writing ANYTHING for the past four weeks; all I can say is that I have been enjoying my time with my family. We had a lot of visitors this past month - my sister Valerie came out for a surprise visit one weekend (click here to see pictures from this visit), then Doug's brother Dan came back out with Doug after a UFC weekend in California, and finally my sister Shauna and her family stayed with us during a visit for a friend's wedding. A full house means fun times, and fun times we had! The girls loved all of their visitors - it was probably such a nice break to have people, other than boring ol' mom, to hang out with...and, of course, be adored by.

The girls and I also went to Quartzsite to visit with my friend Casey and her parents. The girls loved playing with their friend Madison, or "Manny" as Roo calls her, and they couldn't get enough of the dirt and rocks and birds. The short visit introduced the girls to the marvel of golf carts; AK loved that the seats were just her height. She climbed up and down to her hearts content, honked the horn, and moved the steering wheel around as if she were cruising full speed down the highway. All in all, this past month has been a blast. Times like these make the more challenging ones completely worth it.


No comments:

Post a Comment