Monday, October 15, 2007

From Ear Infections to Busted Computers

The past two weeks have been rather interesting - we have gone from fevers to normal temperatures to coughs and congestion to throwing up all night to feeling fine and dandy the following morning. Between our two lively girls, we have literally been riding on a nonstop roller coaster. I finally caved in and took the twins to the doctor on Saturday; AK has an infection in her right ear, Roo's is in the left ear. Each has had a night full of fevers and throwing up - not fun for anyone involved, but I am hoping the antibiotics they are now on will start to turn things around. At least I'm not having to fight with the girls to keep their diapers on - they apparently seem to have lost interest in taking them off all the time (thankfully). No-I haven't started the battle of potty-training yet; I just couldn't bring myself to accept the fact that they might be old enough to take such a big step into "big girl-land." Maybe I'll start that quest after the holidays - they'll be two years then and I won't have to worry about traveling and family visitors and all that fun confusion that may muddle the whole "training" attempt.

On a side note, our desktop is reverting back to the OCD tendencies it demonstrated back in California. Even though the virus and system checks continue to come back normal, the computer feels the need to restart itself every 1-2 minutes - making it virtually impossible to do anything on the blasted thing. I am sitting in the library right now, typing away as fast as I can so that no one thinks we've fallen off the face of the earth. The girls patience is quickly running thin, so I am going to sign off and hope we can fix the computer soon. Love to all!

Oh-and make sure to get your flu shots - if our recent illnesses have been an indication of anything, it's going to be a doozy of a season!

No comments:

Post a Comment