Saturday, January 5, 2008

Phoenix Zoo


So, Friday was the girls and my first trip to the Phoenix Zoo. I think this trip confirmed that I have been spoiled by my childhood fieldtrips to the LA and San Diego Zoos, but fortunately the girls seemed to enjoy being out and enjoying their visit with the animals. We didn't get to see a huge variety of exhibits, but some of the girls' favorites were the prairie dogs (the girls played peek-a-boo with the little critters), the ducks (seen at the entrance of the zoo along with some sun-bathing turtles), and a wide variety of cactus (AK was especially good at pointing these out; she is much more cautious around these spikey plants since she was pricked by one during our Christmas Tree hunt at Home Depot).

All joking aside, I must admit that this was one of the most challenging field trips the girls and I have taken. I will blame myself for the girls grumpy moods - we didn't get out of the house until close to their naptime, so I think they were just really, REALLY tired. Needless to say, I was especially grateful to have my brother Ben with me (he and my sister Valerie are down visiting this weekend from Salt Lake City) to help keep the girls entertained. Here are some pictures from our recent adventure.

My brother Ben, R is in the blue, and A is in the pink

1 comment:

  1. i know you may not agree, but even when your girls are crying, they are still precious - so sad i couldn't go with you to the zoo - way to go brit, having to get married and all - thanks for a great weekend - love you!!

    ReplyDelete