Wednesday, January 30, 2008

A Small Tribute to the Passing of a Great Man

For those who may not be aware, Sunday evening (January 27, 2008) marked the passing of President Gordon B. Hinckley, prophet of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. Although I did not personally know this marvelous man, I believe that his intentions were honest, his faith in the gospel was devout, and his love for ALL people was sincere. I know he is now in a far better place, with his beloved wife and eternal companion, but I would be lying if I said I wasn't saddened by his passing.

I received this YouTube clip in an email from my sister-in-law. I enjoyed it so much, I figured I would post it here to share with anyone who may be interested in viewing it.

I am also including a link (click here) to the official press release of President Hinckley's passing, which was posted on www.lds.org. After reading about all of President Hinckley's many accomplishments, I realized that we really can stand for something, live a better and happier life, and do just a little bit more than we did today. Enjoy, and happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment