Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Hallelujah!

Today, AK ventured into the brave new world of fresh fruits and tried her first apple. Now, this might not seem like much, especially since she is 27 months old and should be well accustomed to fresh fruit by now, but many of you know how difficult it has been to get AK to eat much of anything other than goldfish and graham crackers. As far as fruit is concerned, AK has always been weirded out by the texture, so the only way I could get her to any fruit was to serve up the freeze-dried variety. It's not that I haven't tried, believe me - many a good piece of fruit has been wasted in my attempt to get AK converted to the joys of freshness. Just as I was almost the point of giving up, my little girl amazed me by willingly eating an apple today.

It probably seems silly that something so little could make me so happy. I guess it just goes to show that it really is the small things in life that make us the happiest!

2 comments:

  1. That's great! Connor and Ethan both have those texture tendencies, just like me, be patient and she will find the things good for her. they each have their own little "things". Just be careful, they gave my babies diahera. Yippee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats to you and AK. Just goes to show that when they are ready to try something new, they'll do it - on their own terms & timetable. :) I am trying to remind myself of this fact every day as Finn struggles with wanting to use the potty. More like I am struggling with his lack of interest in using a potty.

    ReplyDelete