Thursday, February 9, 2012

Visiting Teaching - February 2012

I love the message for this month. Short, sweet, and to the point. Here is what I took from this month's message. It is our responsibility, all of us (as mothers, daughters, sisters, ecetera, ecetera), to work on strengthening the family unit. We are responsible for creating an environment in our home that embraces and welcomes Heavenly Father, Jesus Christ, and the Holy Ghost. We are responsible for teaching our children, for setting a positive example, and for being a righteous influence for our family. We are not alone in this endeavor. As we learn and follow the doctrines of Christ, we can rely on Him for help and guidance.

That last part, learning to rely on the Lord for help and guidance, is {surprisingly} the most difficult thing for me to remember. Those who know me well know that I tend to do things on my own. I put a lot of pressure on myself to be independent and self-sufficient, but I need to remember that the Lord is always there and that if I turn to him in moments of weakness, or confusion, or (this is me being honest) when I feel completely inadequate/overwhelmed/inept at being a mother, He will help me.

For a full view of this month's Visiting Teaching message, click HERE.
For more reading material and ideas on strengthening families, you can visit HERE and HERE.
Want a copy of the handout card I made? You can download a PDF file HERE.
Happy Visiting Teaching!

No comments:

Post a Comment