Friday, April 4, 2008

Apologies and Ventings...

Sorry for the mass blogging that is taking place today. We had to send our laptop back to the manufacturer....AGAIN...so Bryce and Bethany were kind enough to lend us theirs until we get our P.O.S. back sometime next week. I haven't been able to blog for a while, and between school and extra shifts at work, I'm not sure when I'll be able to blog again.

Oh, and unless Circuit City amazes me and is able to restore our hard drive that was destroyed by an apparent power surge caused by a faulty power port that became detached internally in the computer, I have lost all of the pictures that I just downloaded onto the laptop from the wedding and our recent trip to California. Needless to say, I am not a happy camper, because I didn't even have the chance to put the pictures onto a backup disc and there were some pictures (from Ben and Valerie's visit to AZ this past January) that I hadn't uploaded into slideshows, and have now been lost forever. GRRRRRRRR.....

And yes, for the record, this is now the 4th or 5th time we have had to send the laptop in for repairs in less than two years.

5 comments:

  1. You would think that at this point the laptop would be considered a LEMON and they would give you a new one. Atleast that's how our laptop service plan was that we bought - breaks more than twice in a year and we get a new one. Of course we are screwed on that since CompUSA is now out of business and that's where we bought. So what do I know right? We love you! I hope you are able to save the pictures so we can see how cute& big the girls are getting. We sure do miss you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. our hard drive was gone to and we took it to the geek squad before we sent it in and they retreived everything, so hopefully they back up your files. we feel your pain because it stinks. sorry for your loss of pics.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That laptop is insane - Sony should replace it - please tell me you have written/filed complaints with them - if not, I will. That is insane. The amount of trouble and the cost of repairs might be adding up, but as you said, the loss of pictures/files is priceless - so they need to make it worth your while. New computers all around for the entire family if you ask me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What kind of laptop is it?? We're thinking about buying another one...and it sounds like we'll want to stear clear of the one you have! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. By the way I forgot to say, that I can spend some time and get all the pics i have of you all to help replace what you lose, just let me know! SOny should replace it. our laptop keeps doing stuff to. I totally sympathize

    ReplyDelete