Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Kudos and Congratulations!

First, I want to wish a belated congratulations to our friends Casey and Jared on the arrival of their beautiful baby girl, Sonja, who was born on April 2, 2008 at 2:18 pm. Sonja weighed in at 6lbs. 2 oz., and measured 18 inches long. CONGRATULATIONS!!

Second, I want to give props for all those who participated in the Ironman Triathlon this past Sunday in Tempe, AZ. For those not familiar with this event, let me explain what it entails - the race begins with a 2.4 mile swim, followed by 112 mile bike ride, finished with a 26.2 mile run. Crazy, I know - but the athletes who participated in this event definitely deserve major props for their physical vigor. Special kudos go out to the third and fourth place winners, Jordan Rapp and James Bonney, who were guests at the hotel I work at (and both are incredibly nice gentleman). Also, props to my co-worker Dan Malmgren, who participated in the triathlon as an amateur (just for the fun of it) but still managed to come in 20th overall. WAY TO GO IRONMAN CONTESTANTS - You are all heroes in my book!!

No comments:

Post a Comment