Monday, February 21, 2011

Adventures in Painting....

It's been a while, right? Our past month has been filled with some crazy and not-so-crazy days....you know, the usual for us. Here are some snapshots of what we've been up to for the past little while...basically, a lot of painting!!  As you can see in the "Before" pics, the walls and ceiling REALLY needed to get painted. I cannot explain what a difference it makes...I just wish it hadn't taken us a full year to get this done!

Before...(yeah, I know...it was pretty disgusting)
 
  

Walls are done...onto the trim and door and ceiling
  

The girls...working on their own artistic endeavors while I completed the trim
 

Painting the ceiling...with my helper Roo (Aiden was washing the car with Doug)
 
 

And, getting some much needed "outdoor time" after all the painting...

Our next project is the kitchen...and then the ceiling in the girls' room...followed by the ceilings in the other rooms of the house. I also think I'm going to repaint the bathroom to a lighter blue (Doug recently informed me he doesn't care for the current shade of blue)...and the last room to be painted will probably be mine and Doug's. I also need to paint the crib (which I am TOTALLY excited about...it's adorable)...and get the baby's room put together, not to mention finish up all the little things I want to do in the girls' room now that we have their bunkbed. Needless to say, I think there are plenty of things to keep us busy during the next few months. I'll try and keep you all posted as I work through my nesting stage...it will be interesting to see how much of this we actually get done!

No comments:

Post a Comment