Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Kid-bits

Kids say and do the darndest things, sometimes. I try to write down all the little tidbits and happenings that make me laugh, but I don't always have a pen handy. That being said, here are some random little kid-bits from our lives...some we find amusing, others you may find amusing since you aren't the one at which they are being directed:




"Whoa...that was wierd!" - I think Roo picked this one up from the movie "Horton Hears a Who." She gets the cutest little look on her face when she says this...it's pretty hillarious, if you ask me.




"Prince, prince! Come here prince!" - this is usually directed at AK, who has taken on the "boy" role in their imaginery play. Roo is the princess and AK is the prince...one of the unfortunate consequences of not [yet] having any brothers to torment.




"This is gonna be de-licious" - usually accompanied by very enthusiastic arm pumps and BIG smiles.




"I do it my own self!" - this is one I hear a LOT...unless it comes to wiping a dirty bums or cleaning up toys.




"Scratch my arm?...No, you scratch my arm." - this is a little exchange that goes on between Doug and Roo. She is very much like her papa and [loves] to get her back (or arm, or leg, or foot, etc.) scratched. Doug will ask her to scratch his arm, only to have Roo decline by immediately asking him to scratch her arm. It's no surprise that Roo always wins this argument...




"This is gonna be awe-some!" - AK's coin phrase...for some reason, she likes to whisper this in my ear rather than say it full volume




"You bone-head!" - Yes, I admit, this phrase is one that the girls picked up from me...most often overheard while driving. It was cute hearing them say it the first couple of times, but it's not so cute when the girls are screaming this at the top of their lungs in protest to something Doug or I have asked them to do (at least, not for us - others seem to find it hillarious to watch!)




"Hmmm-hmm...I not listening" - usually accompanied by placing both index fingers into their ears and avoiding eye contact. This most often occurs in primary during singing time (so I'm told) or when I'm asking the girls to do something they don't want to...such as clean up their room.




"Hmmph...NE-VER!!" - usually yelled and accompanied by arms crossed over the chest or emphatic stamping of a foot.




"I yuv you" and "You're my bestest friend!" - Although not new, these are all-time favorites. Hearing these make hearing all the other "not-so-great" kid-bits worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment