Thursday, February 14, 2008

L....O....V.....E

So, in an attempt to be somewhat festive with today's special holiday, I would like to pay tribute to the many things I LOVE:

1. Doug - My patient and loving husband, who is quick to forgive and never holds a grudge. He does not judge me, only loves and supports me in spite of my many faults and shortcomings. He motivates and inspires me to be a better mother, wife, and friend.

2. AK and Roo - My two beautiful daughters who are truly the light of my life. Words cannot describe the amount of adoration and love I have for these two. I admire their innocence, purity, and unconditional love and acceptance of everyone and everything. I love their fearlessness, independence, and adventurous spirits; they have taught me more about life than I think they will ever understand.

3. My parents - who honorably raised 7 kids, faced numerous struggles and challenges, and are still married after 35 years of marriage. I thank them for their examples of sacrifice and selflessness, and for teaching me the importance of working hard, loving honestly, and living faithfully.

4. My siblings - who are as independent, self-sufficient, and stubborn as I am. We all have our unique differences and traits, but we love each other, we support each other, and we are always there to lend a helping hand (or listening ear) when needed.

5. My Girlfriends - Who understand my faults and weakness, but love me just the same. I am grateful for their attempts to stay in touch and keep me in the loop, because I am the worst person when it comes to emailing, calling, writing, or anything correspondence-related. I love that, no matter how much time has passed, I know I can always just be me - no strings attached.

6. My testimony and faith - I am proud to be a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. While there is a lot in my religion I do not understand, I will not deny my belief in God the Eternal Father, in His Son Jesus Christ, and in the comforting guidance of the Holy Ghost. I believe in modern day prophets who worthily lead the church by priesthood revelation. I believe in eternal families and am thankful for the blessings of modern day Temples. I am grateful for forgiveness through the atonement, and I believe in the strength and power of prayer.

7. Oceanside, CA - Nothing on earth can compare to smelling the salty sea air, hearing the crash of the waves, or feeling the squish of wet sand in-between my toes as I walk along the shoreline watching the sun set over the horizon. Although we are far from our little heaven on earth, it is always near in our hearts.

8. A bouquet of fresh flowers - There is something to be said about the vibrant colors and subtle aroma of a fresh bunch of flowers - calming, but uplifting all at once.

9. Dr. Pepper w/extra ice - need I say more?

10. The delicious combination of Peanut Butter + Chocolate - M&M's, Twix, Reese’s Pieces...mmmm, mmmmm GOOD!

11. Fresh clean sheets and a good snuggle blanket...only to be improved upon by a good snuggle buddy (i.e. one of my aforementioned daughters).

12. Snuggles, giggles, hugs, and kisses.

13. A good back rub, shoulder rub, or foot rub...or the lucky combination of all three!

14. A deluxe bubble bath - steamy hot water, candles lit all around, and the calming lyrics of Sarah McLachlan playing in the background.

15. GOOD food (such as Diego’s, Cusimano's, cold fresh fruit, and anything home-cooked)

16. Hearing the calming pitter-patter of rain as it falls outside, and smelling the unique "wet-asphalt" aroma that I simply love.

I hope that you all have a lovely Valentine's Day!! XOXOXOXO

2 comments:

  1. First - Happy Valentines Day to an amazing sister! I love you! Give those little girls of your lots of kisses and hugs from all of us.

    Second, I loved your testimony, and I second the soda with extra ice (though for me it has to be Diet Coke).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy love day to you all. and next i must say you and i are soooo much alike! we love so many of the same things! love you

    ReplyDelete