Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Raindrops keep falling on my head...

Okay, so not really - they are falling outside against the windowpanes, but you get the idea. Rain is a rarity in Arizona, so I decided to take a quick moment to express my gratitude for the recent rain we have been blessed with. Even though it means our back yard will be a soppy, muddy, mucky mess for the next week or so, and the weeds in the front yard that I worked so hard to uproot will immediately spring back ten fold, I am grateful for the calming pitter-patter of the rain tonight. I am grateful for puddles and midday storms, and for having two easy-going girls who don't mind forging through "inclimate" weather (seeing as how we were planning to go to the mall tomorrow morning, and it will probably still be raining then). I love the clean, pollution-free skies that come about for a day or two following the storms. I love the clouds, the wind - everything that contributes to the cleansing effect of rain.

So keep on falling, little raindrops...keep on falling. We are glad to have you here.

No comments:

Post a Comment