Sunday, May 9, 2010

A Divine Day...

Today at church we talked about being Divine...about how not each of us is blessed to be a mother, but that we are all blessed to be divine daughters of loving Heavenly Father and how we have each been blessed by the examples of many divine women. We talked about the various traits we have each been blessed with -traits such as kindness, compassion, patience, beauty and grace, strength, independence, acceptance, capability, determination, and the ability to love unconditionally. It was a very emotional day for me, in part because I was moved and inspired by the kind testimonies of motherhood that were shared by various sisters at the meeting, but also because I was humbled by my own feelings of inadequacy and personal disappointment.

It is no secret that I struggle in my calling as a mother...there are many days where I feel like a total and complete failure. Saying that, I know without a doubt that being a mother is the most divine and important responsibility I will ever have in this life. I cannot allow myself to become crippled by my self-doubt and lack of confidence. I need to work to overcome my frustrations and weaknesses, but I also need to turn to the Lord and fully trust in Him to help me in my role as a mother. I was put on this earth with a divine purpose...and for whatever reason, Aiden and Reilly chose me to be their mother. There is so much I do not yet know or understand, but the one thing I know is that I cannot fail them. I love my girls so much....I love more than even I understand. As a divine daughter, I have inherited many amazing traits and strengths but it is up to me to further cultivate those traits so that I may be the best mother possible to my two little darlings. Even though I struggled with my own thoughts and emotions, I really enjoyed the lesson that was shared and greatly appreciate the things that were said.

I am also grateful for the many amazing women who have influenced me and greatly blessed my life. I am thankful for my mother, for Doug's mother, and for the wonderful examples of motherhood I see in my sisters, friends, and relatives. I could not do this on my own...I am thankful for the support, encouragement, and understanding displayed by all the amazing women in my life. Thank you. And to all the mothers out there, I hope you had a simply divine Mother's Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment