Thursday, May 6, 2010

Oldie but Goodie

We got a not-so-new piano today, thanks to Doug's parents, our neighbor Greg, and some of Doug's friends from the ward who were kind enough to help unload the beast. When I say "not-so-new" I mean it's actually an antique...and I LOVE it. It's been well-used, greatly loved, and now it is part of our home. I am very excited to begin tinkering around on the ol' ivories. I won't be able to start lessons right away, so for the time being I will have to settle for building on what little I already know. The girls are still a little young to begin lessons, but the plan is to start them in a few years because not learning to play piano when I was younger is one my biggest regrets...and I think it would be an invaluable talent throughout the rest of their lives.
 
Thank you, thank you, thank you to everyone who helped get the piano into our tiny home...with a special thanks to mom and dad Hoopes - we love you and really appreciate this!!

No comments:

Post a Comment