Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Gingerbread Houses...

One of my favorite things as a kid was Christmas baking with my mom. Sugar cookies, gingerbread men, coffee cake, orange rolls...you name it, we baked it. However, I have to confess that I have been absolutely HORRIBLE at continuing that tradition with my girls. Every year I keep telling myself I am going to be better, that I am going to DO better, but every year I fail on my own resolution. Lucky for me, the girls have an amazingly fun teacher and they were able to make some adorable gingerbread houses at school. 

Reilly's House
 
 
I love how she broke the Neccos and put them on the side of the house like rocks...and her candy cane heart in the background was one of her favorite parts. She said she used all the colors of the gumdrops because they are all her favorites...and because she wanted colorful lights on her house like we have on ours. She also used the redhots to make smaller red lights, but she said she tried some in class and they burned her mouth...so, they are only there for decoration, not consumption.

Aiden's House
 

 
Aiden loves, loves, LOVES little peppermint candies...and she likes the green ones even more because they aren't as "spicy." Bet you couldn't tell that by the number of red and green discs she had on her house, eh? (She actually had a few more but ate them before I snapped these photos). She also wanted to use only purple gumdrops because that is her favorite color, but she told me she didn't plan to eat them because they taste gross. She wanted to put candy canes on all sides of the house, but since she knew she had to share with her classmates, she decided to just put them on the front and back sides.

Aiden wanted to help me take photos...then she insisted I get a snapshot of her pretending to chomp down her house. What a goofy gal...and one that I love SO incredibly much!

No comments:

Post a Comment