Saturday, May 10, 2008

It's been a long, slow night at work...I have finally succumbed to using the guest computers in the Business e-Room because there is seriously nothing else to do. I suppose I could work on some homework, but what fun would that be? Besides, I've had a hard time concentrating today - it seems like I can't stay focused on anything for longer than 2 minutes. It's been one of those days where I can't shut my mind off and my thoughts are going in a million different directions all at once. I keep thinking about past events, people I once knew, people I've lost touch with, things that could have turned out differently had I spoken up, kept my mouth shut, or made a different decision, and wondering just what the future has in store for me. I keep thinking about my faults and shortcomings and of the things I'd like to do differently and better. It's exhausting, to be honest - I really just wish I could turn my brain off for a few minutes to get some much needed mental peace. Have you ever had one of those days, or am I alone on this one?

1 comment:

  1. I have these kind of nights all of the time. No matter how hard I try to sleep and shut the brain down, it never works and I end getting out of bed at 3am and scrapbooking or cleaning until I can wind the mind down. I hate those nights. I hope you were able to get some mental peace & respite. We love you!

    ReplyDelete