Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Playtime at the Park

One of AK and Roo's favorite places to go is the park. Generally, one of their first requests in the morning and often one of their last requests at night is "Mama, I want to go to park...play, play, play!" or "I like park...sisty like park. We go to park and play" (complete with hand guestures and all...it really is very cute).

Luckily, we have been fortunate to have had relatively cool weather the past few days (by cool, I mean in the high 80's as opposed to the high 90's or low 100's that are threatening this weekend's forecast) so we have been trying to cram in as much playtime as possible before the temperatures become unbearable.

Here are some pics from a recent trip to the playground at Tarwater Elementary, which could be a 3 minute walk from our house, but when you add in strollers, stuffed companions, and the frequent stops we make to look at rocks, flowers, and letters stomped in the concrete, it often takes closer to 15 minutes. I have to admit, at times I just want to get there and start playing so I can get back home and out of the heat, but then I am reminded by my beautiful 2 1/2 year old girls of all the little wonders in this world for granted.

I am thankful for AK & Roo...for their sweet spirits, for their love of life, and for the constant joy they find in the simplest of things. Here's to plenty more playtimes at the park, and all the memories they may bring.

1 comment:

  1. the girls are so cute. I wish we lived closer so we could go to the park together. That's Finn's favorite thing as well. We miss you guys.

    ReplyDelete