Saturday, November 22, 2008

Hobbies and Free Time...

Everyone has some type of hobby or activity they turn to when they have a free moment or simply need to get away from the "normal happenings" of their life. A few years ago, my escape was reading - any spare moment I had would be spent buried in a book. Now, since I find myself constantly reading books to the girls as well as for my online courses, I have developed another hobby on which to spend my free time - paper crafting.
Sometimes I sit down and make scrapbook pages, but more regularly I make cards. Now, I'm sure some of you are reading this and thinking "Card making? Can you get any more pathetic or boring than that?" But in all honesty, the cutting, pasting, and stamping are somewhat therapeutic for me...and it's an activity that I really enjoy! I participate in a Card Club, which is basically a group of ladies who meet together once a month to exchange a set of cards we each made. All of the ladies in the group are extremely talented, and it's a great opportunity to get new and different ideas.

So, to get an idea of how I spend my free time, here are some pics of the cards I've made in the past few months...

{August Theme: Something BOY}
- I made a birthday card using this totally cute brown/blue bird paper I bought for super cheap when Recollections Scrapbook store closed down.

{September Theme: OPEN}
- You can never have too many thank you cards, so that's what I decided to make. I found this paper at Michael's, and absolutely LOVED it...totally girly, which fits our lives perfectly.

{October Theme: Thanksgiving/Thank You}
- I have never had a need for a Thanksgiving Day card, so I decided to make a Thank You card instead....I just used a combination of autumn-esque colors to make it festive.

{November Theme: Christmas}
-My sister-in-law Bobbi found this paper and I absolutely LOVED it...the pictures seriously don't do it justice. I don't always like my cards after I've made them, but I have to say I was totally pleased with how these turned out. Too bad I had to give them all away...it would have been great to use these for our family cards this year!



Care to share some of your hobbies and talents? How do you spend your free time?

No comments:

Post a Comment