Sunday, November 23, 2008

Object of My Gratitude #1 - Doug

Where would I be without this patient and loving man? From the beginning, I knew there was something different about Doug...which is why I gave him every excuse in the book and was scared to get into anything more than a "friendship." Fortunately, he felt the same about me and knew that it was simply a matter of time before I wised up.

That same quiet wisdom has continued throughout the years and Doug has been a humbling example of patience, forgiveness, dedication, hard-work, and perseverance. He has put up with more grief and attitude from me than any person should have to, yet he continues to love me, believe in me, and encourage me to become a stronger and better individual. Doug loves life, and he reminds me that sometimes its okay to let go of the planning and scheduling and just enjoy things as they happen. He is the only person I know who can simply look at me and get me to smile and laugh, regardless of how I was feeling 2 seconds before (the girls are quickly learning how to do this as well, but so far, Doug is the master at it). He supports me and accepts me for who I am...never passing judgement or making me feel inferior. Doug is also a wonderful father - the girls are completely hooked on their papa - he is not only the "icing on the cake" in their eyes, but also the sprinkles and candy and everything else you could think to put on said cake.

I am so grateful to have been blessed with such a wonderful and loving husband...and it doesn't hurt that he's also a very good-looking guy!! I am extremely lucky, and I thank the Lord every day for placing Doug in my life.

1 comment:

  1. He is a good man, and he is lucky to have you, too! We all are for that matter

    ReplyDelete