Monday, November 24, 2008

Object of my Gratitude #3 - My Religion

I am grateful to belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. I am thankful for parents who taught me the basic principles of the gospel, but who allowed me to learn and make decisions on my own. I am thankful for the present-day prophet, President Thomas S. Monson, and for the apostles of the church. I am thankful for the daily efforts of the missionaries in the church. I am grateful for the scriptures - for the instruction and guidance and hope they give me. I am thankful for temples and for the eternal blessings they allow for me and my family, and I am grateful for the importance the LDS faith places on families. I am not a perfect individual, nor do I understand all of the principles or teachings of this religion. However, I am grateful for the hope and guidance the church provides, as well as the encouragement to learn more and to become a stronger, more Christ-like individual.

I understand that many people do not agree with my religious beliefs, and I respect that difference of opinion. That, however, does not change what I know, how I feel, or the gratitude I have for my religion.

No comments:

Post a Comment