Sunday, November 23, 2008

Objects of My Gratitude...

With so much going on in the world around us (the sinking economy, the depressing job market, the never-ending war abroad, the political madness...etc, etc.), it is easy to get so caught up in everything that we forget the good things in our lives. Fortunately, Thanksgiving is quickly approaching and it seems to me that now would be an excellent time to take stock of my many joys and blessings. I originally had the idea to make a daily post of gratitude for the entire month of November, in spirit of the upcoming holiday....obviously that hasn't happened seeing as how it is now the 23rd of November and I have yet to make a single post.

That being said, I will try to make up for my procrastination by posting "Objects of My Gratitude" - things/people/objects/experiences for which I am extremely grateful - throughout the next few days. The purpose of this exercise will be to remind myself that no matter how grim, depressing, or difficult things may seem, many good things still exist in my life and I should focus on the good things rather than the challenging or difficult.

**Disclaimer - the order of postings is in no way indicative of my level of gratitude...they are simply going to be posted as time, thought, and availability of pictures allows**

No comments:

Post a Comment