Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Object of my Gratitude #6 - Friendship

I am grateful for friendship - past friendships, new friendships, those that last for only a few months, and those that have endured the tests and strains of time. I have learned so much from my friends, and they have each blessed my life in so many wonderful ways. Those friends who know me best know that I am a terrible correspondent, that I often forget to call or send cards on birthdays, but yet they still accept and tolerate and love me. How can I not be grateful for that?

As Johann Wolfgang von Goethe described it: "To know someone here or there with whom you can feel there is understanding in spite of distances or thoughts unexpressed - that can make of this earth a garden." I am blessed to have wonderful, insightful, loving, and understanding friends...they make me better, and they make this earth a beautiful garden.



These are some of my oldest and dearest friendships...these gals have seen me at my best and at my worst, but yet they still love me. We have had some fun times together - often mischievous times, but fun nonetheless. We have laughed, we have cried, and there have been times where no words were said at all. I am grateful to have these wonderful women in my life...I am grateful for the many friendships that make my life better.

No comments:

Post a Comment